Fundy Rider's Blog

Tales from the road, the garage, and general day to day happenings in the life of a Sidecarist.
FundyRider
Poster

Re: Fundy Rider's Blog

Post by FundyRider » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:36 pm

So, here is the latest addition to the fleet. I just purchased a '1994 Honda PC800 that is in desperate need of at least a serious cosmetic restoration. Hopefully when I get the skin off, it will not be too bad underneath. Otherwise it may turn into $ 1200. worth of parts for my 98 PC800 ;) The photos do not look too bad other than the paint scheme however looks can be deceiving. It has a few cracked/broken body panels including some of the fairing pieces, damaged taillight lens. The meter cover, handlebar covers etc are painted black to match the body paint. I plan on working on it slowly over the next year and restore it to like new condition. I expect I will then be selling my Ural and purchasing a suitable sidecar to install on this. Having no experience in this area, I expect I will be reaching out for some help as I go along. Might be a bit slow getting started as I do not have a heated shop to work in this winter. I'd like to paint it in the silver paint scheme that I've seen on some of the models sold in Japan. Here are a few pictures of the bike when I brought it home last week. I will add more as I strip it down and start to fix it up.
94 RtSide.jpg
94 RtSide.jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 13028 times
94 Front.jpg
94 Front.jpg (97.99 KiB) Viewed 13028 times
94 Rear.jpg
94 Rear.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 13028 times
Arthur

2012 Ural Patrol
1998 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
1994 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast