Chasing Jack: A ride report through seven decades

SidecarDan
Poster

Re: Chasing Jack: A ride report through seven decades

Post by SidecarDan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Excellent story, thank you and happy Uralling.
Dan Cholodylo

2012 Forest Fog Gear-Up

exc911ence
Poster

Post by exc911ence » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Just discovered your report, Jamie, really enjoyed the read! I've done the cross-country drive many times (although never on a motorcycle) and re-lived the experiences through your photos. Excellent!

Great learning about Jack, what an interesting guy! I wonder if he's looking down and admiring my rig whenever I participate in the annual Victoria Day Parade here in Victoria?

Thank you for sharing this! :)
2017 Suzuki VanVan200
2013 Triumph Bonneville T-100 w/sidecar
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

jleonard
Forum Regular

Post by jleonard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 pm

exc911ence wrote:Just discovered your report, Jamie, really enjoyed the read! I've done the cross-country drive many times (although never on a motorcycle) and re-lived the experiences through your photos. Excellent!

Great learning about Jack, what an interesting guy! I wonder if he's looking down and admiring my rig whenever I participate in the annual Victoria Day Parade here in Victoria?

Thank you for sharing this! :)
He definitely would have appreciated it - his favourite bikes were Nortons, and english bikes in general - but he loved anything with an engine.

One day we have to do the cross-canada thing again. We're doing the east coast this summer, but I'd love to get enough time to go to both coasts in one trip - you really don't have any idea how big and amazing our country is until you've been across it on the ground.