sidecar company

Found something you like? Something you hate? Tell other CSOC members what you think about riding gear, accessories, or motorcycles!

Re: sidecar company

Post by shasta » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm

The Tran-moto 301 sidecar is nice. This whole side car thing has not been cheep but I feel you get what you pay for. I have it on a 2012 Ulta (not cheep either).

Main thing is to have it set up by someone who knows this stuff!!! Items like steering and spring mods can be done any time, pending on the end user. Getting all done at once will not cost as much in the end but somethings may not be "really" needed to enjoy. Some could just be "nice to have" additions.

I would suggest if travel two up and light in the hack, add ballast. I use 3 - 5 gal (sorry too old for metric) plastic bag type water jugs (from Ca. Tire). One behind the seat and two in front of the seat and tied so they should not move very much. They can be dumped or refilled just about anyplace and this can be done in small amounts to balance with load, 3 of these bags = a person (well maybe not me).

Re: sidecar company

Post by JohnStead » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:25 am

I chose Trans-Moto for my rig. The frame is made by them in Montreal. I got a "current" design frame as opposed to a 1938 design that some shops offer. The delivered cost was $1500 less than purchasing from the nearby shop.
"JAH" 1982 GL1100 TransMoto Sidecar Frame