A blast in the snow

Dedicated to our Western Canada Sidecarists - with news on events, happenings, and local information
Reccebiker
Poster

A blast in the snow

Post by Reccebiker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:46 pm

IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG (110.31 KiB) Viewed 602 times
A load of fun out there! I did a run to the town post office then ran around town this morning, doughnuts in the parking lot, through snow drifts and snow banks watched cars spin out.. no problems here.. these bikes really come into their own in the snow. I love it.. how do you rotate these darned pics???

Hobo
Poster

Re: A blast in the snow

Post by Hobo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 am

Right on! Drift cutting is a Hoot! Try this out along back roads, just be sure you carry a long tow rope & hopefully a 2nd Ural riding buddy to help extricate your rig from the rhubarb when things go haywire! .

Rotate your photo before uploading.
- John M.
Edmonton, Ab
'08 Ural Patrol

Mikey
Poster

Post by Mikey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 am

I thought we had snow. Impressive! I find the more snow you have, the cleaner the bike.

Reccebiker
Poster

Post by Reccebiker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Mikey, I hit the rhubarb yesterday along a rural snow covered road just outside of my home in Bruderheim! I'm sure glad there was about three feet of snow in that ditch.. I must have hit a drift with the sidecar tire and it pulled me into the ditch. I ended up covered in snow with the bike upside down on top of me. No injuries to me or the bike. A snow plow grader pulled the bike back onto it's wheels and back onto the road. I checked the bike for any damage and she fired up no issues. After cleaning snow from the foot controls and the windscreen and gauges, I rode back into Bruderheim.. what a blast! These bikes are built tough! Time to SLOW DOWN! (Just a bit)... I figure I was doing maybe 70 when I hit that drift. BTW I rotated the pic thinking that the issue with orientation would be corrected, but no luck.. I hate computers! :x

Mikey
Poster

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm glad you're okay. Sometimes walking away from those instances reminds you of being a kid and being indestructible.