rigless ... but looking

Dedicated to our Western Canada Sidecarists - with news on events, happenings, and local information
Hobo
Poster

rigless ... but looking

Post by Hobo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:10 am

8-)
Sold Ural Patrol, believed we're gonna get a Can-Am Spyder. But Ethel insists on being beside me, not behind me. Says my shoulders block her view & she really appreciates sidecar configuration + seating for 3 people plus dog!
:arrow: So now we're researching big bike sidecar with reverse. Suggestions & recommendations welcomed!
Thanks.
- John M.
Edmonton, Ab
.... rigless, but looking !

Hobo
Poster

Re: rigless ... but looking

Post by Hobo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm

8-)
Not so many rigs to choose from, definitely not the big bike powerhouse type we're searching for …… hhhhhmmmmmmmm. The only new ones are Ural, and some other random brands that are used available units go back 9 to 34 yrs, :? but all have 1200 or less cc's, most all don't have revere, some are rocket-style, some old cruisers, and some come with compromised retrofit hardware. Quite the variety, just not what we're after, ……………….
- John M.
Edmonton, Ab
.... rigless, but looking !

ichbinbier
Poster

Re: rigless ... but looking

Post by ichbinbier » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 pm

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

A new 2019 ural is probably going to be around $23,000 out the door.

A used bike, used sidecar and labour to put it together might be around the same price.
If you can find a prebuilt large bike and sidecar combo for a decent price grab it.
Even if it doesn't have reverse you can always add something like this:

which can be found here:

http://www.easyhitch.com.au/EasyHitch/S ... Mover.html

It wouldn't be as powerful as the reverse on a Ural but it would get you out of a parking spot or back into your garage.
Costs look like over a thousand plus and should be easily adapted to put on a sidecar tire.
2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
1994 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Springer Softail
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH Hugger 883