Kawi KZ1000 P14

Got an entire rig to sell? Post it here!
humblebub
Poster

Kawi KZ1000 P14

Post by humblebub » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Alas it must go. First the history. The bike is a 1995 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police (P14). The bike started life in service in Downey California. (A real CHIPS bike). At 30,000 miles it was retired and purchased by the motor officer who rode it on duty. The bike was then sold with 32,500 miles on it to an individual in Saco Maine who wanted a police bike. It was trucked to Saco where it started a brief stay with second owner. The second owner enjoyed the sidecar world and mated the bike to a mid 70's Johnny Sweet sidecar. The Sweet car is very rare - this is the 450SL model and only 400 were made. Johnny subsequently left New England and moved to North Carolina where he became quite well known in the car and boat racing world. I have had numerous email conversations with him regarding this car and he confirms it is one of the best un-restored examples he has seen. The sidecar and sub-frame mounting was done by Sidecars and More of Howland Maine. I bought the outfit from the owner in Saco, who due to personal circumstances was selling his toys. The bike runs strong and goes down the road straight and true. The 1,000 CC motor is strong and does not burn oil. Radio box and panniers installed. All police switches (siren, yelp, etc) installed but the siren was removed with bike left service. Pursuit lights working. Bike has just over 34,000 miles now and being ridden so that may change. Valves checked / adjusted and new car boots installed.

Cosmetically the bike and car are good - not perfect. Two small dents in right side of tank that are almost invisible. A few paint abrasions. Some of the welds on the sidecar frame are not particularly neat. There are no mechanical issues with this outfit. Wherever this bike goes it get attention. For some reason people just love sidecars and smiles and thumps-up are common.

I am selling this reluctantly but I confess to being a total BMW enthusiast. I own three and I thought I would be happy with an Asian sidecar outfit. Unfortunately each time I look at it I wish it was a BMW. Price is $7,000. Stupid offers, offers to pay me more than my asking price and Nigerian princes with access to unlimited funds will be politely ignored. Test rides will only be permitted by those who have experience with sidecars. Riding (driving) sidecar equipped motorcycles is very different than a standard motorcycle. Questions are welcome and I will do my best to answer any inquiries. Email preferred but I am available at listed telephone number on occasion.

Contact details, location and photos at http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-mo ... Z516407526

Gummiente
Head Cheese

Re: Kawi KZ1000 P14

Post by Gummiente » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:31 am

You change bikes more often that I changed girlfriends in my youth. :roll:
Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
CURD Head Cheese
http://www.curdforum.net

07 HD Road Glide/Ranger

Bob Pearse
Poster

Re: Kawi KZ1000 P14